North American paver sales increase in 2011The annual ICPI Industry Sales Survey shows a 2.7% increase in US paver sales and a 7% increase in Canadian paver sales from 2010 to 2011. The commercial/municipal market represents 21.3% of total sales while residential sales represent 78.7%.
Permeable pavement sales have steadily increased over the last 3 years, growing from 3.8% in 2009 to 5.1% of total sales in 2011. In 2011, 78.4% of permeable sales were commercial and 21.6% were residential.
All North American segmental concrete paving sales
- 478 million sf (44.4 million m2) total
- 1.4 sf (0.13 m2) per capita
- 2.7% increase in U.S.
- 7.0% increase in Canada
Permeable Interlocking Concrete Pavement (PICP) sales
- 16% increase in U.S PICP sales over 2010
- 5.1% of total paving product production in North America
- 78% of PICP production to commercial/municipal market
To order the complete survey results, call (412) 741-1892 or visit icpi.org.